Our curriculum is a developmentally appropriate thematic based learning experience. Magical Moments follows the standards developed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and follows the Ohio Early Learning Content Standards. We use a hands-on approach to our daily learning experience. Magical Moments is also proud to offer curriculum enrichment.
Magical Moments sets up an experiment each day for a week. The students make predictions and use a lab book to record their observations.
Throughout the school year we will have small cooking projects.
Music and movement class:
Music class is taught once a week. The students learn songs, movement and how to play the bells.
The children will get time on our two tablets. The children will be using the tablets to learn their letters, numbers, shapes, colors, reading books and educational games.
- Students make play dough
- Students participate in classroom science experiments
- Special activity (Magical Moments presents a special activity to the students every month. Each activity is chosen according to our themes and/or fine or gross motor development.)
Special Activity examples:
- Field Trip to the Pumpkin Farm
- Field Trip to Mason Fire Station
- Fall Costume Parade and Party
- Thanksgiving Feast for the Family
- Winter Party
- Donuts with Dad
- Valentine's Party
- Visit from the Cincinnati Symphony
- A Visit from The Cincinnati Zoo with Animal Visitors
- Mother's Day Tea
- Family Picnic
- Preschool to Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony & Party
Our summer is getting underway Amaya continues to talk about her school and Mrs French and says "I miss my old school and Mrs. French". She truly enjoyed her time at Magical Moments and for that I am so grateful. Thank you for making her year so memorable and enjoyable. I have nothing but great things to say about Magical Moments and the entire staff. Amaya's school year was truly "magical" and for that I thank you. -KN